All volunteer duties require good people skills, the ability to say no with grace and assertiveness, patience, rational thinking in a crisis situation, and, a willingness to do what needs to be done at the moment.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- THEATER OPERATIONS – Take tickets, scan passes, distribute ballots, ushering, crowd control
- INFORMATION CENTRAL – Greet guests and assist with information about the festival.
- HOSPITALITY – Meet and greet groups, sponsors and pass holders.
- GUEST SERVICES – Assist filmmakers with travel, lodging and other benefits.
- TRANSPORTATION – Transport people and/or films to and from airports, hotels and theaters. A valid drivers license, insurance, and good driving record are necessary.
- PUBLICITY & PROMOTION – Track and collect publicity material and distribute to the community.
- CREDENTIALS – Laminate, record, and distribute passes. Computer skills required.
- STAGE MANAGEMENT – Coordinate placement of microphone, tables, chairs and other equipment as needed.
- FILM ANNOUNCER – Introduce films prior to screening; introduce filmmakers and field questions after films.
- FESTIVAL OFFICE – General office support such as data entry and errands.
- MAILINGS – Assist with mailings throughout the year.
- LOAD IN/LOAD OUT – Help with setup and breakdown at various events and venues.
- MERCHANDISE SALE – Sell souvenir merchandise.